Web Frameworks For Peak Productivity and Output in 2021
The craze of web programming is still as strong as it has always been. In the meantime, individuals and companies are rushing to maintain a strong presence in the online space. Time is a key factor if you want to survive in intense competition. Furthermore, web technology is constantly changing and evolving based on new challenges in security, speed, and user experience. This is where the web frameworks come in.
Web frameworks are a type of software framework that eases the process of building web applications. Since most of the tasks we perform in web development, like creating databases and templates, are repetitive, web frameworks contain a huge library of pre-designed components that we can manipulate according to our needs. Likewise, web frameworks come in two different types. Client-side web frameworks focus mainly on user interfaces, whereas server-side web frameworks take care of the internal website functions.
Our Top Picks
To make the lives of our readers easier, we came up with the top picks for the best web frameworks to use in 2021.
Laravel is a PHP framework that has massively grown in popularity and usage in recent years. The main objective of this web framework is to reduce the complications in the development process. This means developers can focus on the business side of their applications while the common tasks like routing, authentication, caching, and session management are taken care of. Therefore, it has been one of the favourite web frameworks with more than sixty thousand stars in Github, the most popular software hosting and version control site.
The following is a list of some of the most exciting features of Laravel.
- The template engine allows developers to quickly create beautiful layouts, both simple and complex.
- Its beautiful ORM (Object Relational Mapping) model makes it easy to interact with databases. Since you can write database queries using PHP syntax, you don’t need to be a SQL master at getting started.
- It offers a high degree of security to your web application. Features like prepared SQL statements prevent SQL injection attacks while hashed passwords prevent illegal extract of information from the database.
- Unit testing is one of the best in all web frameworks. It supports multiple unit testing, which means all the changes will undergo strict checks before the website goes live.
React.js is one of the most widely used web frameworks in the world. Since its launch in 2013, it has quickly become a favourite for front-end developers. Today, it is maintained by Facebook along with thousands of other developers. Similarly, more than thirty thousand websites use this web framework, including top companies such as Apple, Netflix, and Uber.
So what makes it one of the top web frameworks for developers? The following is a list of its features and advantages that enables it to stand out from the crowd.
- With React, creating interactive UIs is quick and easy. It can effortlessly render and update the right UI components when the data changes. This means your code looks beautiful, and debugging is easy.
- In React, the data flows from the parent to the child structures in a top to bottom fashion. This means changes in low-level structures cannot affect high-level structures. This leads to a more stable code.
Django is a Python-based web framework that supports the rapid development of Web applications with little code. Since Python is easy to learn, it makes Django one of the most beginner-friendly web frameworks. Likewise, its documentation and tutorials are well developed so that developers spend less time wandering around.
Why should you use Django then? Here are the features and advantages of Django that will make you want to get started now:
- Django is built on Python, and Python allows you to do more in less code. Furthermore, it is free and open-source, so that you need not care about money.
- Django takes care of much of the web development tasks such as authentication, content administration, site maps, and RSS feeds. This means that you can focus more on the business side of things.
- It derives the versatility of Python. You can use Django to build multiple types of software, ranging from social networks to scientific computing platforms.
- With robust authentication and security features, Django eliminates common security loopholes like SQL injection, cross-site scripting, and clickjacking.
- When the traffic scales up, so will your software capabilities. This scalability of Django makes it one of the top favourites for the busiest sites in the world.
Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is one of the most popular open-source web frameworks used by millions around the world. In addition to removing all the unnecessary hassles in web development, it makes learning easy and fun. Likewise, it has a well-nurtured community of developers who can support you at any time. As of today, this framework powers some of the renowned companies like Airbnb, Square, Shopify, and Square.
Ruby on Rails is one of the top choices for 16 years since its inception in 2004. Here are the reasons why:
- Since it is open-source, it is a very cost-effective option for new startups. Likewise, it features thousands of plugins which means you do not have to reinvent the wheel.
- It has a very good time efficiency. Therefore, instead of focusing on writing boilerplate code, you can quickly level up to business features.
- Ruby on Rails takes security seriously. Therefore, most of the common security features are already built inside the framework. In case new threats and vulnerabilities arise, the developer community actively works to find a solution.
- Its scalability feature allows you to cope with increasing web traffic. This is why it has been used in sites that attract the largest amounts of traffic.
Using Technology to Your Advantage with Top World Business
In this blog, we came across the basics of web frameworks and why they will always be an integral part of the web programming ecosystem. Similarly, we put light on the top web frameworks for individuals and businesses in 2021. We saw the distinct features and advantages in all the frameworks, which make them a great choice compared to others.
Top World Business is a one-stop place for all the technology-related news from every corner of the globe. Our aim is to keep you updated on recent and future tech trends so you can use them to your advantage. Contact us if you have any further queries.